GROUND PARTY for over the edge!
Watch folks rappel off the roof of downtown Bend’s Oxford Hotel!
On Saturday, September 7th from 11 am – 3 pm!
We’re have a street party – closing off NW Minnesota Avenue and NW Lava Road in front of the Oxford (10 NW Minnesota) to traffic – with food and beverage vendors, a DJ, and more.
Beer garden with brews from Sunriver Brewing, Avid Cider, and Humm Kombucha! Food from 10 Below Restaurant, Dump City Dumplings, Pizza Cart, and Kona Ice! Music by local DJs Tone It Up, Perry Hotter, and more! Activities for kids & grown-ups in booths of local nonprofits and businesses!
We have 2 volunteer opportunities for Over the Edge on September 7th! Both will get free lunch provided by 10 Below Restaurant at the Oxford Hotel!
- Ropes Volunteers
- Training: 7 am -10 am, working on Rappels: 11 am- 3 pm (or 4 pm at the latest).
- Ropes volunteers sign up HERE and indicate the Bend event.
- Ropes volunteers will be helping folks rappel down the Oxford from the roof and the ground.
- Ropes volunteers MAY rappel as part of their training.
- Prior experience with rope safety systems preferred but not required.
- Shift will start go from 9 am – 3 pm.
- This will include duties like checking participants in, escorting rapellers to the roof, photographing rapellers when the reach the ground, controlling road blocks, etc.
- Contact Diana@deschutesunitedway.org or call 541-389-6507 for more info or to volunteer
More about EDGERS
Folks will FACE THEIR FEARS SO OUR COMMUNITY’S MOST VULNERABLE DON’T HAVE TO. They’ll rappel off the roof of the Oxford to raise funds for our community. There’s still time to sign up to volunteer at the event or to go OVER THE EDGE & rappel off the Oxford! At 7 stories and 70 feet, it’s the tallest building in Central Oregon!
Sign up now! Or keep reading for more info.
Want to donate for someone going OVER THE EDGE? Click here and scroll down to find their name or team name.